Beem is the employee platform of choice for some of the world’s most inspiring companies. Our mission is to create simple and engaging experiences for employees to access the information and materials they need to be great at their jobs. Ultimately Beem helps companies communicate & collaborate better with their employees and share information in a fun, engaging and intelligent way.
We have a stellar portfolio of clients, investors, and partners. Beem is in an exciting growth phase, with fundraising and multiple opportunities to scale globally, both on the horizon.
We have a unique work dynamic that encourages creativity, risk-taking, growth and autonomy. You’ll be a great fit if you love to get stuck in, are a self-starter and get a kick out of changing things for the better.
Beem delivers mobile and cross platform solutions to large enterprises in the automotive, construction and retail industries. We help our clients reach their frontline employees and propagate their digital culture thanks to our application + web solution. The benefits of having the employees engaged throughout a company are starting to be well recognised by large enterprises looking to improve the work environment of their employees. As such, Beem is leading the digital culture revolution that is much needed by large groups to retain a happy, engaged workforce.
There is now the opportunity for a passionate product expert to join us as Lead Developer and help us craft this digital evolution. Your role will be important in bringing the vision of the company to a reality, and continuously improve our offering to cater to our very large clients.
- You will have a computer science or equivalent academic background
- 2+ years in mobile development and/or 1+ years in a product leadership role
- You will have built a wealth of experience across the mobile development landscape
, including direct experience with iOS application development using Swift
- You have demonstrable successes in application development and team leadership
- You have a keen understanding of back end architecture norms and functionalities
- You may have experience in startup/scale-ups or entrepreneurship. You understand the ways of working through agile teams with big visions
- You may have experience in frameworks, data and/or artificial intelligence
Responsibilities will include
- Participate in an agile technical team across UI, Front End and Back End roles
- Divide the tasks and plan sprints accordingly with the team.
- Working with Agile methodologies and training the tech team in its use.
- Mentoring the junior developers and using your expertise to teach them best practices.
- Introducing tests (unit, integration, end-to-end etc.) to the environment whilst keeping in mind the time constraints required from our clients.
- Keep an eye on new technological trends and introduce them to the business if they can be beneficial. For example Machine Learning, Protocol Oriented Programming, Power BI etc.
- Track, analyze and monitor technology performance metrics
- Oversee all system design and changes in system architecture
- Represent the technological agenda in staff meetings
- Putting in place the tools required by the team to keep delivery times to a minimum. This could involve revisiting our current delivery funnel, adding CD or CI capabilities etc.
- Liaising constantly with the success team to help keep track of release dates, feature improvements and bug fixes.
Reducing time blockers that affect the members of the team, e.g. automating the formatting and clean-up of data received from our clients etc.
- Strong app experience on the App Store / Market Place.
- Demonstrable experience of new gen mobile product mechanics
- Experience with social network mechanisms.
- A keen eye for UI/UX.
- Knowledge of the AWS ecosystem.
- Introduction to AI and Data Analytics
What’s on offer with us
- Competitive remuneration – inc travel and expenses
- Opportunity to build, influence and enhance Beem technical innovation practices in preparation for Beem global scale
- The space and opportunity to be in a team of passionate technical experts in their professions and delivery of Beem technical excellence
- The ability to learn and grow your technical knowledge and expertise within a team of technical and business experts
- Leadership position in a growing startup that is a key leader in the employee sector
- A chance to work with brands like Gap, Old Navy, Renault, Nissan and GE
- Autonomy, technical leadership & multiple development opportunities
- Flexibility to demonstrate your creativity and talent
- Work amongst a talented and a dynamic team
- Flexible working environment
If you’re ready to take a leap forward in your career, then let us know!