About the Role
We are looking for a multi skilled Server & Client Side Web Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server, the Beem mobile applications and its users. Also working in a growing portfolio of cross platform technology products, from a server side technical standpoint
Your primary focus will be development and maintenance of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of a central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the clients. You will also be responsible for integrating the client side elements built by your co-workers into the application. Development of web-based client facing applications will also be part of system for clients to manage users, and also for clients to access content.
- Development of internal and external API’s and system integrations
- Development of web based systems for management and end users.
- Working alongside our Mobile Application team
- Supporting and Debugging issues with our Client Success teams
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimisation of the application for efficiency in speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data processing and storage solutions
Who would be great for this role?
- Proficient understanding of Server Side technologies for development, such as MySQL, PHP and Linux (Others are a bonus!)
- An strong history of working with Back-End technologies to achieve technologically cutting edge results (both technically and the end user result)
- Understanding security best practices and implementation
- Performance Optimisation best practices, and knowing when it’s important to use them
- Understanding of automated testing
- Proficient in using Git Repository and Git Flow
- Experience in distributed server environments and high availability systems
- AWS Experience
- Works well within a team, both in-house and dispersed
- Skilled at breaking down tasks and working efficiently towards deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Loves interesting challenges and designing & implementing solutions to problems.
- It would be a big plus to be interested/have experience in emerging web tech stacks such as Node.js, Angular, Swift or Kotlin
What’s on offer with us?
- Competitive remuneration – inc travel and expenses
- Opportunity to build, influence and enhance Beem back end practices in preparation for Beem global scale
- Position in a growing startup that will become a key leader in the employee sector
- A chance to work with brands like Gap, Old Navy, Renault, Nissan and Unilever
- Autonomy and Technical leadership
- Flexibility to demonstrate your creativity
- Work amongst a talented and a dynamic team
- Flexible working environment
If you’re ready to take a leap forward in your career, then let us know!
– Beem team